Skipper is a rapidly growing, technology-enabled startup based in Charlotte, NC that’s revolutionizing the pet care industry through a top notch team and cutting-edge technology. We provide pet owners with an unparalleled level of convenience, accountability and care. Come join our team of dog lovers and be a part of the "next big thing" in pet care.
The Senior Operations Manager oversees Skipper’s two service lines (Pet Care & Home Services). We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and has exceptional management skills.
This role is responsible for setting strategy for all pet services, analyzing the ROI of the service lines, creating a more efficient operation and updating operational procedures to reflect pet care best practices.
We’re looking for a proven multitasker who is sharp, personable, and highly organized to drive operational efficiency as we continue to expand to new verticals. This person is willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to be successful. Think this is you? Read on…
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Set operational strategy for all pet care facilities and in-home pet services
- Analyze demand and supply trends to ensure staffing needs are met
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess service-line performance; identify improvement opportunities and implement solutions to drive efficiency
- Research and implement new technologies and other methods of operational efficiency
- Set operational procedures based on pet care industry best practices and strategies
- Report and track key performance metrics for multiple verticals
- Keep operational costs within set budget
- Advise on resolution of high-level client issues and legal-risk employee relations issues
- Collaborate with product team to improve in-house technology to suit operational needs
- Manage and support service-line managers
WHAT WE’D LOVE TO SEE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience setting operational strategy across multiple service lines
- Experience leveraging data to make operational decisions
- Experience effectively managing a team (with an emphasis on hourly workforces)
- Background in consulting, operations, technology, analytics, or related field
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growth-focused organization
- Love of dogs and excitement about becoming an expert in the pet care industry